Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Roasted Cumin Cheddar Red Potatoes

I concocted this recipe last night and decided to share.
Why?

It was outrageously awesome and EASY!  

Here is what happened. 

I had a half block of sharp cheddar cheese left over from 
Peppers Stuffed with Fiesta Turkey  night and since I had a craving for something cheesy, I knew that I wanted to use it. 

While rummaging through my pantry, 
a potato rolled out of nowhere and fell on my left toe.
 Once the pain subsided, I knew immediately that I needed to avenge my toe and eat this potato, along with his friends.   
  
Plain loaded baked potatoes bore me... okay, let's be real. 
Loaded baked potatoes are never boring.  

I didn't have any bacon in the fridge.  

As an alternative, I decided to do roasted potatoes 
drenched in a thunderstorm of cheddar cheese and
Southwest is the Best spice mix. 



Roasted Cumin Cheddar Red Potatoes
Serves 2 
When served as a heaping side

4 medium sized red potatoes, quartered
Canola oil, enough to lightly dress the potatoes
1 cup of sharp cheddar, shredded 
2 tablespoons of Southwest is the Best spice mix
salt to taste


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. Place potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle with oil

3. Sprinkle potatoes with Southwest is the Best spice mix and salt. 

4. Toss. 

5. Once oven is heated, place potatoes in oven. Leave in oven for 
40 minutes. 

6.  After 40 minutes are up,sprinkle potatoes with cheddar and toss. Return potatoes in oven. Let cook for another 10 minutes. 

7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes (or not :)). Serve!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly