Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chicken Pesto Pizza with Arugula and Cherry Tomatoes

I don't bake.  
Flour is my foe, and most definitely not my friend. 

My style of cooking doesn't really lend itself 
to successful baking.  

I don't really measure. 
I come from the school of 
"a little of this and a little of that". 

That being said, I don't normally like 
to take culinary shortcuts, 
but when you live in a city where Arthur Avenue  
is at your fingertips, I'm okay with using 
prepackaged pizza dough.  

My Arthur Avenue pizza dough made this recipe 
SUPER easy and SUPER cheap. 

This recipe is also perfect for your leftovers 
that you are not sure how to jazz up. 
All of your half eaten food knick knacks will taste 
divine on a pizza.  

I had leftover rotisserie chicken, 1/4 cup of pesto, 
a few leaves of arugula, and marbles of cherry tomatoes 
rolling around aimlessly in my fridge.  

I bought pizza dough, assembled, 
10 minutes in the oven, and I was done! 



The taste was award winning, indeed! 


I may have stretched the truth, just a tad.
The dough requires you to plop it in a lightly oiled bowl,
place a towel on top,
and allow it to rest for an hour or two.



But, seriously, how hard is that?



Drenched in cheese. 


Even better the next day served cold. 
Chicken Pesto Pizza with Arugula and Cherry Tomatoes

Serves 4


1/2 cup pesto basil sauce
1 bag of pizza dough
2 cups cooked chicken breast strips
1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2  cup arugula

1. Remove dough from plastic bag. Place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean dish towel.  Allow to rest for 1-2 hours, until dough is pliable.

2. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

3. Spread dough on an oiled baking sheet, until the dough is in desired shape.

4. Spread pesto on pizza dough.

5. Top with cooked chicken breast.

6. Sprinkle tomatoes and arugula.

7. Sprinkle with cheese.

8. Once the oven is heated, slide uncooked pizza into oven and allow to cook for approximately 15 minutes.  Slice and serve! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly