Saturday, March 31, 2012

So... I'm back! Who's hungry?

Angkor Wat - Siem Reap, Cambodia

Now that I'm back in New York, the conversation at every shindig usually goes something like this...

"You're back! Tell me about Asia! What did you do?"

"I ate."

"Really? What did you eat?"

"I ate everything."

That answer may sound a little general, but it's the honest truth.  I seriously ate everything that was put before me. I ate everything that was offered to me, and I ate everything that I saw.  In fact, even if I saw something appetizing on another person's plate, I had to help myself to a taste of that as well.  Not the cutest thing to do in a third world country. But, hey! I was on a mission, and the mission was to eat all things edible.  

After I bought my ticket to Bangkok, I told myself that the main objective was to focus on one thing, and one thing only - food. Not just any food, but the food that has always been most dear to me - the food of my family. However, once I arrived, I couldn't help spending part of my six months not only eating through my family tree, but also eating neighboring meals that influenced my family's food as well. 

I've now since returned with some skillz (no, spellchecker, I spelled that right. It has a z, because that is how legit I've become). I am filled with a need to feed my friends and family here the things I've learned from my friends and family there.   

I've also decided to share some of my travel journal entries describing my most memorable food experiences along with recipes that you can replicate from the comfort of your own home. I hope you enjoy!

Here's to not only feeding the belly, but to always feeding the soul.

Cheers!
    
L

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly